See Location for maps and driving distances to popular sights in Lofoten.
EnTur is often the easiest way to find travels that combine different transportation methods.
- Fly to Evenes, rent a car and drive 3 hours to Gimsøy. Or take the airport bus, Flybussen, to Svolvær – which also takes about 3 hours.
- Fly to Bodø (with SAS or Norwegian), take the speed boat to Svolvær (ca. 3 hours). Then drive 40 minutes to Gimsøy.
- Fly to Bodø, take the ferry to Moskenes (ca. 3 hours), rent a car, drive 2 hours to Gimsøy.
- Drive to Bodø (ca. 15 hours from Oslo), then .. see above.
- Drive to Skutvik (north of Bodø), take the ferry to Svolvær via Skrova (ca. 3 hours), then drive 40 minutes to Gimsøy.
- Drive to Bognes (north of Bodø), take the ferry to Lødingen,kdrive 2 hours to Gimsøy
- Take Hurtigruten to Stamsund or Svolvær, rent a car, drive 30-40 min to Gimsøy.