In Lofoten you can do all kinds of activities and adventures all year: Mountain hikes on foot and skis, kayaking, fishing, diving, surfing, golfing, mountain biking, etc. Here are some of the possibilities:
- lofoten.info is the official tourist information for Lofoten
- Visit Norway: Lofoten
- 68North: Outdoors and hiking, including beaches
- XXLofoten: All kinds of activities, including fishing trips, kayaking, mountain hiking trips, RIB safari and Trollfjord cruises.
- Hiking Lofoten
The best guidebook is Lofoten Guide by Bjørn Brænd.
- lofoten.info: Summer in Lofoten (see also: Spring and Fall)
- Midnight sun: From May 24 to July 18, but it’s of course very long days both before and after these dates too.
- Visit Norway: Activities
- Lofoten.com: Adventures
- Surfing: Unstad Arctic Surf and Lofoten Surfsenter
- Book recommendation: Explore Lofoten (Lofoten: 60 flotte turer i verdens vakreste øyrike) (Kristin Folsland Olsen)
- lofoten.info: Winter in Lofoten (see also: Spring and Fall)
- Polar night: From the beginning of December until the beginning if January. This period often has fantastic light, and even though days are short, it is not dark all the time.
- Northern lights (aurora borealis): From September 21 to March 21 it is dark after 18 (6pm), and good conditions for northern lights. It is most commonly observed around 22-23 at night (10-11pm), but may appear any time it’s dark.
- Book recommendation: Lofoten: Skiing in the magic mountains (Jonas Dahlstrup and Thorbjørn Enevold)