Lillevik is a comfortable, cozy and completely remodelled vacation home with fantastic location on Gimsøy in the Lofoten islands. Lillevik is a super base for exploring the Lofoten islands – it is quiet, but central: Gimsøy is «in the middle» of Lofoten, with most sights and activities just a short drive away.
Through the large panorama windows in the living room you can see the northern lights and the midnight sun – and also sea eagles, seals, otter, porpoises (dolphins), foxes, owls and maybe a weasel.
This part of Gimsøy is exceptionally quiet, even for Lofoten. Only ~200 people live at Gimsøy, and a large part of the island is a nature reserve. The house’s plot is 92,000 square meters (23 acres), and the private beach is just 100 meters (109 yards) from the house.
The house was built in the 1960’s and has gone through an extensive remodelling over the last two years. In practice, the house has been completely rebuilt. The original atmosphere is preserved, but with modern standards.
Everything you need is nearby: 7 kilometers (4 miles) to Gimsøy Landhandel with groceries, café and gas station, 1.5 km to the long, white sandy beach at Hov, and a 40 minute hike up to the summit of Hoven (368 m) with an impressive 360° view. Local towns Henningsvær and Svolvær are around a half hour drive away. See Travel.
Gimsøya has superb conditions for watching the northern lights and the midnight sun. There is open sea towards north, very few houses and nothing to block the views (and no light pollution), so even locals travel to Gimsøy to get the best conditions. At Lillevik you can experience this right where you stay.
About the house
Lillevik is now a modern «retro» house with everything you expect in 2020. You get an authentic northern Norway experience, with all modern comforts.
- Large living room with panorama views of the ocean and mountains, with both northern lights and midnight sun
- Cozy lounge area with «retro» furniture by the large windows
- New fireplace with glass on three sides
- Reading corner by the bookshelves
- Spacious kitchen and dining area for 8-12 people, connected to the living room
- New, fully equipped kitchen with new, top quality appliances: Fridge, freezer, cooking oven, dishwasher, coffee machine, etc.
- Four bedrooms sleeping 7-8 adults, all with 200 cm (78″) long beds with new mattresses/beds:
- Yellow bedroom: Two 90 cm beds (35″) that may be put together for one «king size» bed: Sleeps two
- Blue bedroom: Two 90 cm (35″) beds: Sleeps two
- Pink room: One 140 cm (55″) bed: Sleeps one or two
- Green room: One 90 cm (35″) bunk bed: Sleeps two
- Two bathrooms
- First floor: Main bathroom with shower. Heated floor.
- Ground floor: Small, with toilet. Heated floor.
- WiFi: 75/10 Mbit (free and unlimited).
- No TV, but large windows, fireplace and WiFi.
- Large basement with separate entrance, for storing bikes, skis, etc.
- New washing machine and dryer
- General info about the house:
- Electrical: Everything is new
- Water and plumbing: Everything is new
- Walls and doors: Everything is new.
- Windows: Everything is new. Triple glazing.
- The yellow color is a traditional Lofoten color
- Parking on the house’s lot for 2-3 cars
See Location for maps and travel distances.